Thu, Mar 23|
Grass River Natural Area
CAKE Annual Meeting
Learn more about invasive species management in Northern Michigan and what we've accomplished in the last year
Time & Location
Mar 23, 4:30 PM – 6:30 PM
Grass River Natural Area, 6500 Alden Hwy, Bellaire, MI 49615, USA
About the event
The CAKE CISMA annual meeting and souper soup cookoff is a chance to engage with your local cooperative invasive species management area while enjoying homemade soup and desserts provided by our staff and steering committee members.
We plan to share a bit about our accomplishments in 2022 and where CAKE CISMA is heading in 2023. We'll have two guest speakers, staff from the Michigan Natural Features Inventory and Katie Greziak, Terrestrial Invasive Species Coordinator for the DNR. MNFI will present a project we've been working on together focused on protecting threatened and endangered species/priority habitats from invasive species. Katie will speak about invasive species management at the state level.
We hope you'll join us in person or online for this opportunity to engage with environmental management in Northern Michigan at a local level. Please register in advance so we know how much soup to make and if you have dietary restrictions.
- 2:30 - 4:30 pm CAKE CISMA steering committee annual meeting (open to the public)
- 4:30- Welcome and Soup Tasting
- 4:45- CAKE CISMA 2022 Accomplishments
- 5:15-Michigan DNR Terrestrial Invasive Species Program-Katie Grzesiak
- 6:00-Michigan Natural Features Inventory- Coastal Riparian Habitats Survey-Julie McLaughlin, Elizabeth Haber
- 6:30-7:00 Wrap up and Soup Awards
Questions about this event? Email Katie at email@example.com